Kamdhenu Gaushala, Palam Vihar
Kamdhenu Gaushala, Palam Vihar:
Nagar Nigam Gaushala (Kamdhenu Dham, Carterpuri and NandiDham, Choma) is a social project of the Municipal Corporation Gurgaon,
Managed by ‘Vishnu Charitable Trust’. The trust has been created with the specific purpose of providing selfless service to the nation as represented by Indian culture, people, environment and specifically the care of destitute cows roaming our streets.
While the Municipal Corporation, Gurgaon provides the infrastructure, fodder and medicines, the trust bears the cost of manpower, veterinary support and management. It will be the endeavor of the trust to work towards making the gaushala as self sustainable as possible.
Gurugram Gaushala is a social project run by the ‘‘Vishnu Charitable Trust”. The trust was created in March of the year 2010 with the specific purpose of providing “Selfless Service to Cows”.Kamdhenudham Gaushala, Palam Vihar Extension, Gurgaon, Haryana.
Apart from service to the cows, several community service initiatives revolve around the two Gaushalas. These include:
1. Veterinary Hospital 24X7
2. Herbal nursery
3. Transplantation of trees from road widening sites.
4. Tree Nursery for plantation in public areas of Gurgaon
6. Walking track, ‘The GoverdhanParikrama’.
7. Library for children
9. Amphitheater for Social/Cultural/Religious activities
10. Rain water harvesting
11. Veterinary Internships
12. Promoting Volunteering for research and action on Gaushala sustainability
13. Promoting Volunteering for research on organic processes
14. Promoting Volunteering for implementing modern management processes/Quality control.
15. Volunteer Cow Ambulance
16. Volunteer door to door food collection rickshaws for cows
ORGANIC MANURE BASED ON AEROBIC COMPOSTING MICROBES MADE IN KAMDHENU DHAM GAUSHALA CARTERPURI, GURGAON (HARYANA).
Due to constant use of chemical fertilizers and pesticides, the health of soil in almost all the states of INDIA has deteriorated. The organic manure prepared from cow dung in gaushala is made by billions of microbes that digest bio-degradable biomass under proper environmental conditions for microbial life .Cow dung is mixed with a unique waste treatment substrate which is a synergistic blend of non – pathogenic bacteria , fungi and herbal extract capable of rapidly converting organic waste in to useful organic plant nutrient .The proportion of the substrate and cow dung is 1:1000 by weight i.e., one kg of substrate is mixed with 1000 kg of cow dung.
The pile of the mixture of substrate and the cow dung is made with ratio of 1:1000 by weight and drenched with water every day to keep it cool for microbes to turn the cow dung into organic manure quickly. The pile has to be turned over every 10 days. It takes 45-50 days for the organic manure to be ready.
HOW DOES ORGANIC MANURE BENEFIT THE SOIL
The compost benefits the soil by recycling nutrients into it. It improves the soil structure, texture and aeration along with its water holding capacity. It loosens the clayey soil and increases water retention in sandy soil. It encourages healthy and abundant root development and plants grow with more resistance to diseases and pests.
WHERE ALL IT CAN BE USED
It can be used for plants, flowers, vegetables, farms, kitchen gardens, lawns ,farm houses and golf courses etc.
QUANTITY TO BE USED
The quantity of manure required depends on the health of the soil where it is being used. As a broad yardstick, it is recommended that 1 kg of manure be used for one sq yd of soil area. The requirement for an acre roughly works out to be 05 tons.The shelf life of manure is 18 months.
RATE (The rate is on a sliding scale as follows)
1. Up to 1000 kg – Rs 10/-Per Kg
2. From 1000 kg to 10,000 kgs – Rs 7/-Per Kg
3. More than 10,000 kgs — Rs 5/-Per Kg
ADVANTAGES OF OUR MANURE
1. Supplies all essential nutrients and micronutrients.
2. No pathogens,
3. No termite,
4. No weed seeds,
5. No white grub,
6. No resting stages of insects / pests,
7. No spread of diseases through flies, mosquitoes and other bacteria,
8. Increases water retention,
9. Improves aeration,
10. Minimum ground water contamination,
11. Minimum environmental pollution by fire, smoke etc, due to near absence of methane and CO2
12. Reduces time for preparation of soil for sowing the crops.
Kamdhenu Dham Gaushala
Opposite Spanish Court
Sector 5 to Palam Vihar Road